To unsubscribe from receiving communication from Equal Choice please login and select Edit Profile.
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect personally identifiable information from you when you knowingly provide it to us such as your name and mailing address, suburb, postcode, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, survey information and/or site registrations. If you use our Website via Facebook we also collect your Facebook user name, Facebook e-mail address, profile image and gender. The Website also allows you to post material or comments (User Content).
- We only collect information about you that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. Any information we collect about you is done to assist us to provide services to you and customise those services to meet your needs. We may collect data about you to do internal research and to conduct market research for our own purposes.
- When you use our Website we (or agencies on our behalf) and our internet service provider may monitor and make a record of your visit and may log data for statistical purposes including:
- your server’s IP address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- your interaction with the Website including any votes or User Content that you submit to the Website;
- the previous site you have visited and the site you move to;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- the date and time of your visit.
- When submitting or posting any User Content on the Website, your user name and Avatar is the only personal information that will be displayed. Your real name (unless selected as the username), email address, Facebook email and Facebook user name or profile image will not be displayed publically unless otherwise specified by you.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions herein, you acknowledge that the Website provides you with the ability to post User Content in an open environment on public display and that your personal information that you choose to post can be potentially accessed, collected or viewed via anyone, and used by people you do not know. As such we recommend that you only post personal information when required and do not disclose any sensitive information in any User Content. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may use your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for other reasonable business purposes including:
- to database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the services on the Website;
- to enable us to develop our products and business;
- to customise services to better meet your needs and preferences;
- statistical purposes;
- to inform you of new products and services, special offers and promotions; and
- any other customer support purposes.
- We also may use your personal information for promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing and to customise our advertising including to provide you Website updates and notifications and to send you information on new products and services, special offers, promotions and competitions or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by email to email@example.com.
- At times your personal information is shared with other reputable organisations to allow them to contact you for marketing purposes. You may also receive mailings from these organisations. If you do not wish us to provide your information to unrelated organisations, you can have your name put on our “do-not-share” list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law. We may also disclose your personal information to our related companies, contractors, suppliers or service providers for the purposes of providing services on our behalf, for example, finance, accounting, IT, admin, research or fulfilment services. We may also disclose information to any entity to which we propose to assign any part of our business.
- We may disclose information (including personal information) about you to our affiliate company in New Zealand, who will handle that information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
Links to other websites
- We take commercially reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any information which we have collected from you which we no longer require. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Website.
Access and correction of your information and making complaints
- We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that there is a problem with any information we hold about you or wish to access and / or correct this information, please notify us at email@example.com.
- If, at any time, you believe that we have not adhered to these principles or you do not consent to your information being used, please notify us by email to the Senior Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use all commercially reasonable efforts to determine and correct the problem promptly.